Tenants have these rights and more:
- Knowing the name, telephone number and address of the property manager, whether it is the owner or a person authorized to received legal notices for the owner. It must be either posted in the rental unit, property or building or in the lease itself
- Some repairs, in California, are required to be fixed by the landlord
- A landlord may not discriminate against you by asking you orally or in writing about your ethnicity, color, religion, sex, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, immigration or citizenship status, nationality, or whether you have persons living with you under the age of 18. A landlord may ask you about your source of income, and how many people will be living with you
- When applying for a rental unit, if the landlord charges you an application screening fee and obtains your credit report, you have the right to request a copy of your credit report
- If a landlord decides to change the terms of the lease or rental agreement, the landlord must give the tenant advanced written notice, at minimum, the same number of days between when rent is due. This does not apply to month-to-month. Laws for month-to-month rental agreements are different. There are also special rules that apply to other types of rental agreements. It is best to speak to a civil lawyer in California to see which rules apply to your individual circumstances
Speak to a California civil attorney to find out how the local, state, and federal laws apply to your particular rental agreement or lease. Whether it’s a written or oral lease agreement, as a tenant, you have rights.
Our best attorneys can talk to you about your legal options or concerns and how we can best help your needs. Call the best civil attorneys in California now at 855-200-ATTY (855-200-2889). You can also email us using the contact form below.
Our experienced civil attorneys will speak to you right away and handle your legal issues promptly. WE ARE HERE 24 HOURS A DAY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. Se Habla Español.