Family medical leave, FMLA qualifications:
- Pregnancy, childbirth, or maternity leave to spend time with newborn.
- Bonding with an adopted child, or child placed in foster care
- Having a serious medical problem
- Caring for a member of your family, such as a spouse, domestic partner, child and parents
It is illegal for an employer or supervisor to retaliate or discriminate against an employee for taking time off of work for legitimate reasons of family and medical leave.
FMLA and maternity leave qualifications:
- An employee must have been employed for a 12 month period
- An employee must have worked a minimum of 1,250 hours, which does not include holiday, vacation, or sick leave
- The employer must have a minimum of 50 employees within 75 miles of the employment location
- The reason for leave by an employee must meet a level of family or medical seriousness.
Our best attorneys can talk to you about your legal options or concerns and how we can best help your needs. Call the best civil attorneys in California now at 855-200-ATTY (855-200-2889). You can also email us using the contact form below.
Our experienced civil attorneys will speak to you right away and handle your legal issues promptly. WE ARE HERE 24 HOURS A DAY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. Se Habla Español.